Who are FOSPS?
FOSPS (Friends of Swanmore Primary School) is made up of all the family and friends of pupils of the school, and as a parent/carer of a pupil you can now count yourself as being a member! We are the PTA for the school!
What do FOSPS do?
FOSPS is a registered charity and is run by a committee of parents and teachers. Our primary role is that of raising money by organising various events throughout the school year. The funds raised are then used to pay for (or part pay for) extras that are needed by the school. We have an annual commitment to the school in the region of £1500, which pays for the Year R Christmas books from Santa, the Year 6 Leavers’ books, Christmas crackers and Cathedral trip.
We try to make our fundraising events as varied as possible, so hopefully there is something to please everyone! We have annual large scale fundraising events, which include our excellent Summer Fair and the outstanding Fireworks Night, and these are complemented by many smaller fundraising activities. A considerable amount of our funds are raised through the weekly football and netball clubs, which are open to all (netball is only open to Juniors) and are held on a Saturday morning.
We hold school discos and film nights for the children, which are extremely popular and great fun. We also hold events for adults, including our popular Fish and Chip Quiz Night, which is an excellent evening out! During the Christmas season, we arrange a FOSPS present sale, which allows the children to purchase 2 Christmas presents for their family, and we also organise a Christmas raffle to be held at the Carols round the tree concerts on the last day of term.
Who runs FOSPS?
FOSPS is run by a committee of volunteer parents, with a teacher representative and the Head Teacher.
At present our committee consists of:
- John Paterson (President)
- Naomi Thorby (Chair) with children in Y4 and Y2
- Carol Andrews (Vice Chair) with children in Y2 and Y3
- Amanda Vincent (Treasurer) with children in Y5 and Y2
- Amanda Dunn (Secretary) with children in Y6
- Rebecca Hynard-Hicks with children in Y5 and Y4
- Natalie Thompson with children in Y6 and Y5
- Jo Cooper with children in Y4 and Y1
- Sarah Woodman with children in Y4 and Y2
- Louise Tester with children in Y3 and YR
- Dawn Birnie with children in Y3
- Kirsty Anton with a child in Y6
- Rik Ankers with children in Y6 and Y3
- Lucy Peazold with children in Y3 and Y1
- Nicola Nelthorpe with children in Y3 and YR
- Erica Quincey with children in YR
- Emma Palk with children in Y1
- Jess Turner with children in YR
- Linda Hustler with children in YR
- Hanna Garside with children in YR
- Nicole Doran, teacher representative
The committee meet once or twice a term, but put in many hours of planning and organisation outside of this. None of the fundraising events the FOSPS committee arrange would happen without the amazing help that we receive from parents and teachers, and we regularly ask for volunteers to help in the setting up and running of events.
If you would like to be more involved in our fundraising efforts, or you’d just like to hear a little more about what goes on, please come along to the FOSPS AGM, which is usually held in January (date to be confirmed).
To contact FOSPS please email email@example.com